Tuesday, April 26, 2011

COLLEGE ... already?? WOW!

I'll go ahead and be the first to admit ... I'm hoping this blog will be like my "therapy" in the coming year:) ...and save me $$ for therapist bills!!! 

  
My one and only child will be a rising Senior in High School in just a few short months, and we have kicked the college search into HIGH-GEAR around our household.  Did I mention I'm a hockeymom?? ...lol.. That means out of his top 5 schools, the majority of them aren't located anywhere near "home":( 






For you moms out there who have gone thru the anxiety I'm going thru ... talk to me girls!  To those of you with toddlers running around, and you can't even go to the bathroom without having a "family meeting" while mom is on the potty ... ENJOY this time in your child's life!!  Funny I say that, eh? The Sleep Deprivation? Diapers? Baby food? Your child thinking his name is "NO..[insert child's name here]"? Well I mean it ... it goes by WAY TOO FAST!!!  Don't blink .... or you, too, will be looking at colleges, my friend;) 


I have wonderful support from family and friends ... they love me even on my "moody" days which seem to come more and more frequently these days, with my anxiety kicking in, but just like all of the other challenges in my life, I will get thru this too:)  

I worry about the cost of college and how in the world we will pay for it (have you PRICED college lately?? WOW!!), I worry about our son being away from home (gosh, he will have been in my house for 18 years at that point ... I'm going to really MISS his daily hugs and smiling face)!!  I just want him to be happy, which means he has some really difficult and important decisions in the next few months of his life.  I just thought having a newborn baby was hard all of those years ago ... he's still my "baby boy", but it's time to take a step back and let him make his own decisions.  I'm still waiting ... talk to me girls ....tell me what kind of meds you took to get thru this!! (lol.. just kidding ...er, uh ... not really... lol)

So.... please bear with me if you have personal contact with me ... I'm on that roller coaster called "life" (as I know we all are) BUT BOY, is it taking me for a RIDE these days:)  I'm overwhelmed now more than I've ever been in my entire life .... And trying to remind myself to ENJOY this time of my life too;) I'm so blessed with such wonderful family and friends.  Life.Is.Good!!!

2 comments:

  1. Though I still fall in the mom of young kids category, I look at my own and cant believe it has been 5 years since #1 was born. I hope that when I am at the point you are that I have boys as wonderful as Austin. Chad seriously has nothing but great things to say about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Hannah, I can't thank you ENOUGH for these very kind words! Made me tear up. I've always considered being a mom the MOST important job I will ever have in my life, so your comment made me very proud:) I have NO DOUBT your three boys will continue to be as awesome as they are now ... they have a wonderful mom and dad to lead them:))

    ReplyDelete